PDA

View Full Version : frustrations with wacom tablet

jakez0r
02-20-2004, 03:31 AM
No matter how I try, I can't seem to get a good "technique" with my tablet. Drawing just seems really awkward because of the lack of friction. I tried sticking a sheet of paper over it but I'd rather not do that to preserve my tips. I tried not moving my wrist but that's even more awkward

Any tips would be much appreciated.

dvornik
02-20-2004, 11:11 PM
Why would you want to preserve your tips? You can buy new ones you know. If I had a problem like that I'd sandpaper the damn thing.

jakez0r
02-21-2004, 02:00 AM
true, but it's more a matter of convenience since i'm fairly sure I would have to order them from Wacom.

Emmortal1
02-21-2004, 06:41 PM
It will take some time, for some it will go quicker, others it will take longer. I've been using a Wacom for 3 months now and my traditional art skills haven't completely and entirely transferred over to the wacom. Of course as with anything, the more you use it the more comfortable and better it will be.

Emmortal

victor
02-21-2004, 06:50 PM
Along with friction, I also like to have a softer surface, so i take a few pages from a magazine or a mail-order catalog, and tape them to the tablet. Then take them off one by one as they get worn out.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.