PDA

View Full Version : What in the world is going on?

chrisJ
02-20-2004, 01:18 AM
OK, I ahve a low poly head that I have been animating for a couple of days now. Now I want to texture the darned thing, and My UVs are going nuts. I see in the texture projection menu there is a check for "apply before deformations" but when I cylinderically map it both ways..still crazy jumbled UVs. What can I do about this? I have never had this problem before. But then, I always texture my characters before I animate. I hope I dont have to start over.
-chris

Emmortal1
02-20-2004, 03:36 AM
Heh, you are going to have to unbind the rig and lay out the UV's. The bind screws the UV's up if you haven't layed them out, so you always gotta texture before you bind for poly models. I learned that the hard way too so you aren't alone.

Emmortal

chrisJ
02-20-2004, 04:36 AM
Crap. I am assuming that blendshapes do the same thing? I havent used any bones yet. Just facial animation so far using about 50 blends and a buttload of expressions (that I really don't want to set back up). Thanks for the reply!
-chris

djx
02-20-2004, 12:42 PM
Dont forget "transfer uv's".

I mean if you make a duplicate of your mesh, without history, and do the uv-layout on that, then you can transfer the uvs back to the original model (so you wont have to re do what you have already).

chrisJ
02-20-2004, 04:12 PM
djx, that worked like a champ. Thanks alot!:applause:

chrisJ
02-20-2004, 08:57 PM
Is this a problem with other 3D packages or is it only with Maya?

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.