PDA

View Full Version : Question : Cleaning up ur sketches

Shin2k27
02-19-2004, 10:15 PM
Does anyone here have any tips on how to create cleaner sketch that would still be well scanned without toying much with the configs?
Ive been getting better with handdrawing but when showing it on the net, its horribly scanned.
All cause my sketching is messy.

innervision961
02-20-2004, 04:13 AM
I like to make my pencil sketches real light and get them to where I want them, and when I'm really happy with what i have i go over them with a pen or marker and darken the important lines, then wait for it to dry and erase the excess. Then scan it in greyscale (black and white) at the highest resolution my scanner will allow and the bring it into photo shop and adjust some levels to get it where i want it...

Tahl'eN
02-20-2004, 07:01 AM
I'm no expert on keeping the sketched clean before they hit the scanner, but once they hit photoshop I do two corrections almost immidiately. First I do a brightness/contrast down about 10 in bright, and up about 75 in contrast. Then I do a second B/C down a little in contrast, and up in bright 'till the paper turns white again. Cleans up a ton of the slop.

sevenfingers
02-20-2004, 09:03 AM
I always scan at minimum twice the intended final resolution, then run a threshold on the complete picture. I then shrink it to the intended size... Extremely clean final result.

Shin2k27
02-20-2004, 05:20 PM
Tested out the scanning option " Lineart " ? Could it do the same thing as grey ?
Cause the grayscale mode actually shows how messy my sketching is as in the erasing smudges and other stuff.
Thats why im planning a clean line art in advance for it to be easier when importing into photoshop.

Dargon
02-20-2004, 09:28 PM
There's this sweet tool called an eraser....

FatAssasin
02-21-2004, 01:12 AM
"Lineart" scans in black and white only. Basically, everything above 50% grey becomes black and everything below is white. It's really good for inked drawings, but not so much for pencil. You're better off scanning in greyscale and using some of the suggestions here.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.