PDA

View Full Version : Environment Map from Scene

doltman
07-01-2002, 03:46 PM
I have a fairly heavy scene that I want to render in layers or passes. I have a foreground object that I need to maintain reflections on the objects in the scene.

Can I render an image from a point in space of my scene to create an environment map? That way I can render my foreground object separate and not have to put a lot of time consuming overrides on my scene.

Thanks in advance.

EdHarriss
07-01-2002, 07:42 PM
Yes, create a camera and put it where the reflecting object is. Then use the "Panoramic" camera shader to render out a 360 view of your scene.

or

use render map to generate a "refmap" for your reflecting object. Then apply it as a texture map.

Either will work, but the first option is more flexible.

doltman
07-01-2002, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the tip Ed. I was looking into the panoramic shader option. I think I'll give that a try. After reading about the RenderMap it seems not appropriate to my problem.

EdHarriss
07-01-2002, 10:08 PM
Glad I could help.

P.S. When using the panoramic shader make sure your camera has a pretty tall fov or you'll miss a lot of the sky and ground.

HapZungLam
07-04-2002, 04:45 PM
Where can i get a Panoramic camera.

ggg
07-04-2002, 11:03 PM
panoramic camera SHADER

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.