PDA

View Full Version : Need A Tutorial On This

cafe
02-19-2004, 09:32 AM
Hello! I like so many are new to Cinema 4d version 8, and unfortunately training materials are hard to find if not in German. All I want to do is command the rigging aspect so I can rig some simple characters and maybe someday make a small movie.Unfortunately I did the mime tut., but I still have trouble understanding the difference between say an effector, tip, goal, etc.I wish I could simply be able to pose and walk a figure.I was wondering if you would make a tutorial for noobs like me.I ve been looking for resources and I think ive seen all there is available.Need something new that explains the components of the rig and what they do compared to each other.Any help appreciated. NOTE: If its not brand new then ive seen it.There are some good frnch tuts, but hey i speak english.i know some frnch, but not that good.it seems anywhere else, but U.S. a guy can find all the resources.if someone would put up a tut on rigging a character in detail.it would be awesome.or even explaining the basic concepts what can be done with the program as far as rigging is concerned.I made a rig for an armcomposed of 3 bones with set-up ik command.But I done know what mode one has to be in to manipulate the goal.So i just moved the hand bone and the whole mesh deforemed.peace.

chikega
02-28-2004, 04:58 PM
Hi Cafe,

I know what you mean - there's a dearth of material out there for C4d in English. Have you checked out the DVD tutorial by CgArtist?

http://www.cgartist.com

I have the C4d R8 Character 01 DVD - it supplements the MOCCA tutorial manual nicely. It has both a German and English sound track. Maxon Shop used to have the DVD in stock, but I don't see it there anymore. I'm writing CG Artist to see if they have an English order form. I'm interested in the BP2 DVD. :)

dfaris
02-28-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by chikega
Hi Cafe,

I know what you mean - there's a dearth of material out there for C4d in English. Have you checked out the DVD tutorial by CgArtist?

http://www.cgartist.com

I have the C4d R8 Character 01 DVD - it supplements the MOCCA tutorial manual nicely. It has both a German and English sound track. Maxon Shop used to have the DVD in stock, but I don't see it there anymore. I'm writing CG Artist to see if they have an English order form. I'm interested in the BP2 DVD. :)

Hey chikega,

I didn't even know these dvd's were around. Do you know if that body paint one is in english? It looks pretty good.

chikega
02-28-2004, 06:32 PM
Hey there pilot man, shooting any ILS approaches lately? Actually those aren't too bad, it's the NDB approaches that give me a fit.

Yes the BP2 and C4d both have English sound tracks. I have the C4d one and the translation in English is pretty good - but, sometimes it lags behind a bit and the wording is not quite right at times. But nonetheless they're very well done.

dfaris
02-29-2004, 02:21 AM
Hey chikega,

Thats cool, Did you place an order? Is there an english
order page? Do you have a URL?

ILS and GPS all the way bro, with a 20 million doller plane you dont shoot NDB's

chikega
03-01-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by dfaris
ILS and GPS all the way bro, with a 20 million doller plane you dont shoot NDB's

Word up ;)

Thats cool, Did you place an order? Is there an english
order page? Do you have a URL?

This is what I received today by email:

"Hello Gary,

thanks for your interest in the Bodypaint Workshop-DVD
(NTSC, All regions, German/English).

For international orders,
please contact our distributor
Ms. Claudia Dethloff:

cdethloff@optimal-online.de

fon + 49 39931-56867
fax + 49 39931 56 555

international shipping is 25,- Euro,
payments by creditcard.

Wholsale prices are 25 % off up to 10 copies,
and 30 % off for more than 10 copies per item/order.

Regards,
Cornel Hillmann"

jimzepellin
03-14-2004, 02:37 PM
chikega

Does the Cinema4D R8 - Character 01 DVD only use the Mocca module, or can we poor unfortunate Mocca-less individuals get anything from this DVD

john3dean
03-19-2004, 09:10 AM
Hi there,

The DVD you have mention above covers UI ,Some R8 features,Mocca Module for the beginner,Bone set-up,Polygon character modelling( Patch modelling to Max users but easier),Weight Mapping,Texturing,Pose-Mixer,F-Curves,Xpresso Expressions and Animation.....So all in all it covers every aspect of building a Character Fully animated and textured from start to finish, So yeah its well worth buying and easy to follow.:thumbsup:

cafe
03-19-2004, 12:37 PM
yeah, but it was discontinued discontinued from DVdirect so they called me up and said hey sorry, but your order has been cancelled.i own version 8. i hope its good for learning how to rig a character properly. By the way whats your opinion on that mime tut in the book.is all that soft IK really necessary.i can see soft ik on a wiggling object , but i dont know.

john3dean
03-19-2004, 01:38 PM
I have not used the soft IK or FK much since having this as I am used to Character Studio.....but to be honest it does look a little more straight forward that previous applications I,ve used but a bit long winded( suppose its just what you get used too). Once you have built your bones and made your animation you can save the bones and movement for use in another models so they are not set just to the model you are working on now which means you can build a library of movements....then you can get to grips with using the P2P and morph between your pre built animations. The only thing is - the hardest thing to learn in 3d is Bones and the animating.:)

cafe
03-19-2004, 01:51 PM
I wasnt aware that one can reuse bone skeletons with other models in Cinema? That would mean i could just use some premade rigs off this site and stick them into my models no?

john3dean
03-19-2004, 04:13 PM
yep that is true that if you make a rig you can save it for other use.Don't know about the ones on their site but its worth a look eh?

There is something on either the Maxon Mocca page or the Creative Cow tutorials that tells you how to do it and how to re-apply it to your new model....worth a look too.

cafe
03-19-2004, 06:04 PM
Thanks.That would save a whole lot of trouble in some cases i guess.im still trying to figure out what an edge loop is.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.