PDA

View Full Version : scene: Fighting game mock up.

IMAREA
02-19-2004, 07:19 AM
Hello all,

Please go to the finished 3D work Gallery, to see my works, for some odd reasons I cannot post images on this forum.

Imari.

AdamAtomic
02-20-2004, 01:06 AM
hmmmm what exactly should we be critiquing? just curious!

aesir
02-20-2004, 01:52 AM
perhaps we are giving crits to the idea of a mock up fighting deal

commy
02-20-2004, 02:39 AM
i like the thin air feeling the hud is very spacious tho there doesnt seem to be much content, the battlefield is very hard to see cant really make anything out there usualy in these situations people go for the age old red x aproach im glad to see uve tried something new tho id highly recommend posting some piccies too

Neil
02-20-2004, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by IMAREA
Any critic and comments are welcome, however allow me to explain what I'm pitching.

Ok, you have permission to do so. Please feel free to explain now :)

RmachucaA
02-20-2004, 04:45 AM
Tic Toc...Tic Toc....

Too late, your fired.

You are the weakest link.

Good bye.

SquirrelyJones
02-20-2004, 07:35 AM
hmm, looking good so far. I would go all out on the detail, since fighting games really only have the two characters at once they can afford lots of detail. Also the landscape seems a bit complicated, you don't want it to detract attention from the fighters. maybe try making the colors a bit less vibrant in the background or something.

As far as the hud goes, I think its a little to confusing, especially for a fighting game. I mean youve got like 4 bars on eather side of the screen plus that little dial thingy. A fighting game hud needs to be simple nd you need to be able to pick out the necessary info right away. you don't want your opponent whopping you whill you try and figure out how much health you have.

but all in all I'd say your off to a great start. everything looks clean cut and very profesional, after all neatness is a very important part of design.

Supervlieg
02-20-2004, 08:40 AM
Why not post a picture?

gaggle
02-20-2004, 09:04 AM
Hell at this point I'd accept ASCII art.. :)

IMAREA
02-20-2004, 07:47 PM
I am having somewhat difficulty posting the images, please do bare in mind that I will post something. Just give me time to work this out.

Imari.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.