PDA

View Full Version : RFL not working

Geta-Ve
02-19-2004, 06:24 AM
hey, i set up a REALLY BASIC rig at school right, the only think with ik is the legs the rest is just a bunch of bones, this character setup is gonna be for an animatic, hence its simpleness.

now, my problem is that at school when i set up the RFL and everything i was able to select the root joint (waist) and when i moved it downwards the legs would stay on the ground and bend. ok all good. now i bring the exact same file (project file) home and when i go to move the waist downwards the legs dont bend, they just act like they arnt even part of the RFL (which stays on the ground)

i am unsure of why this is happening and the only thing i can come up with is that maybe its because im using 5.01 at school and 5.0 at home... but i didnt know that such an insignificant upgrade could matter??

a few other things you might want to note is that on the RFL root joint i have a nurbs circle point constrained to it, though at school it still worked properly. i also have a nurbs circle as a master node thingy that can move the whole body geometry and everything), though again at school it all worked properly.

also, i can still select the RFL root joint (or the nurbs circle) and move the leg properly...

thanks to anyone that can help me out, if you need more info ill be sure to tell you. thanks

jHromika
02-19-2004, 08:54 PM
Check to make sure sticky is checked on for the leg IK handles.

In 5.0 its off by default, and turned back on in 5.0.1.

Oughta fix it for you :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.