PDA

View Full Version : nucliar distraction

rushi
07-01-2002, 03:07 PM
hi all
i wanted to do nucliar distraction animation. i have idia how to do it. but in that there is 1 prob , so i m telling u that , pls try to solve it.
ok here we go, when i blast 1 nutron , then it`s particals will hit other nutrons surface & it will blast that nutron .ok means chain aniamtion , how can i do it???

how can i do that type of aniamtion when some thing is touching to it `s surface & aniamtion will run.(blast )

if u say with programing then how? any script for this? or any other way?

i m using max!!!

3datri:bounce:

LFShade
07-01-2002, 04:44 PM
This is going to depend heavily on what program you're using. One general idea does come to mind, though. Create particles that spawn other particles, using interparticle collision if possible to trigger the effect. Otherwise simply do it by particle age.

Let us know what program you're using and we can be more specific:)

rushi
07-02-2002, 04:27 PM
i m using max4 , i have written in my post.

3datri

LFShade
07-02-2002, 07:23 PM
Sorry, I must have skipped right over that! You can use particle spawning in Max, but you can't do interparticle collision without a plugin. I think there's a free plugin for this, but I don't remember what it is called or where to get it. I think it was probably by Peter Watje, though.

Spawning alone might still give you a decent result, give it a try. Basically you set the particles to spawn other particles based on age, or even collision with a (non-particle) surface. I don't know whether you can chain up the spawning though (i.e. have the second generation particles spawn more particles, etc.).

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.