PDA

View Full Version : Scene- The secret lake

Hi did this for the Domai contest. Started with a life drawing done by me in class and painted the background without reference. I was inspired by miyazaki's princess mononoke so I wnet for the "Animation look", with a simpler caracter and a more realistic background. So, I'm stilll starting so I actualy didn't achieve what I was after, but I kinda like it. Hope you'll enjoy, C&C are most welcome.
http://media01.cgchannel.com/images/gallery/617/12/fullimg.jpg

Link if U se a red X :
cl!ick (http://www.cgchannel.com/gallery/viewimage.jsp?imgID=2185)

AlbertArt
02-25-2004, 12:50 AM
Interesting picture! I like the idea you have.

Is it a male or female? It looks to me like its face is missing from the back. i think you should bring out the anatomy book or a mirror and study the skull. It will help you with your profiles of heads. I think the head you have is sort of distracting, until you fix it of course.

Domai contest? I'm not familiar with it.

Nice work.

Thanx for comenting man. I totaly agree with your position and I too feel like the face is missing.
This drawing(female, btw) was done in my 1st semester at university, in the life drawing class. Back then (and still, as u can see) I hadn't good skills in life drawing, and when I now used this image I didn't change much of the anatomy. Thanx for the tips,I already submited it to the contest (check it out www.domai.com), but they where most usefull.
THe whole atmosphere I was looking for was disrupted by the character. I somehow didn't like it, maybe thats the problem;
SOrry about the delay, but I was traveling and seen it only now.
Bye
Thanx again

BatmanFX
02-29-2004, 01:05 AM
When I saw the picture it put the love scene from FFX in my head. You've got a great concept, but its just the skills that are lacking. I think you should keep a copy of this somewhere and come back to it in a couple years to redu it. Its got mad potential. Good luck.

WOw thanx, man!
I love that U thought about FFX, cause I like the FF games a lot and they're kinda a goal of mine artwise.
Know that U said it it reminds me a lot of the love scene indeed (the mood and colors), thanx.
I do think of remaking it in some time, when my skills are suficient to express what I realy wanted to express. I've got some other stuff I'll be remaking tool.
Thx again,
jawine
02-29-2004, 05:40 PM
Well maybe your drawing skills aren't good enough yet to make what you have in mind, but how about using 3D/photomanipulation/a bit of drawing to create the image your have in your head? It doesn't always have to be drawing/painting :D

hey. I agree. But in the contest I entered the picture it had to be a painting. Of course I never ment to win, just to participate. I say this because I don't want to seem "ah I say my skils suck just so people will have pitty on me".
But just so you know, my 3d skils aren't that great yet. (yet, hehe)

BTW: saw your elf. Pretty good :)
CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.