PDA

View Full Version : Contrast changes to multiple layers?

LucentDreams
07-01-2002, 08:15 AM
http://www.cgi.third-era.com/~kaiskai/bgs/BG4.jpg

This image is for a classically animated Short Film, and I had a critique that i should increase the contrast. my question is how can I do this to a 37 layer image all at once without flattening. Or even better, apply the levels and brightness/contrast to sperate layers all at once, say if I grouped them all as yellow layers or something. I am using PS 6, but have acces to PS 7 at school if needed, any help would be greatly appreciated to save me some time as this issue may come up with the many other BG's I have to paint.

sinistergfx
07-02-2002, 03:54 AM
That's easy; use an adjustment layer.

"Layer" > "New Adjustment Layer" > "Brightness/Contrast"

or

Click the icon that looks like a half-white/half-black circle on the layer palette.

EDIT : of course, the adjustment layer has to be above all the layers you want to adjust

LucentDreams
07-02-2002, 05:40 AM
aha, thankyou I should have known this too, too often I do that kind of editing without the adjustment layers I should use the tools more often, but I haven't done this type of painting too much in PS, mainly posters thanks for the help.

Gamoron
07-04-2002, 04:29 AM
Great BG my man, it looks fantastic!:beer:
Why change it? it can't hurt though.

thanks sinistergfx, that'll help me too. :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.