PDA

View Full Version : Interesting LW Q

G3D
02-17-2004, 09:28 PM
In modeler a wireframe viewport has a grey background and selected polys/patches are a pale yellow. Similar setup in Layout(Lightwave)

I find this combination REALLY annoying after a few hours of work. Is it possible to change this? I've heard apocryphal tales that one can; I've heard its impossible also. I asked Proton this once or twice and never got an answer. Does anyone know?

If you cannot in LW 7.5, hopefully you can in 8.

Claymation
02-17-2004, 11:31 PM
no it is not possible. You can drop the diffuse on the model while working on it so the light mesh shows up on it.

LW 8 has the ability to change the wireframe colors.

You may be able to change the grid color by editing the hub but I may be mistaken. I think the only thing that can be edited is the interface color in 7.5

Jay

G3D
02-17-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Claymation
no it is not possible. You can drop the diffuse on the model while working on it so the light mesh shows up on it.

LW 8 has the ability to change the wireframe colors.

You may be able to change the grid color by editing the hub but I may be mistaken. I think the only thing that can be edited is the interface color in 7.5

Jay

I hope so.

Rabid pitbull
02-18-2004, 01:54 AM
You can change the background color in the display settings panel. I don't think it is possible to change the color of the selection though. Of course it is also possible to change the wire colors by adjusting the sketch color.

MattClary
02-18-2004, 12:42 PM
You just need to be patient and "w8". :cool:

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.