PDA

View Full Version : how do they make those awsome sites?

noShame
02-17-2004, 12:27 PM
Hi all!

I am qurious, how do they make those cool sites like 2advanced & flashlevel? I have never used flash but it looks really hard?

Do they use only flash, or do they use photoshop, 3dsmax (or other 3dprograms) etc to get those cool results?

Michael Chen
02-17-2004, 10:47 PM
It takes time and patience.

Most of those websites you just mentioned are created by a company (a team of people).

Flash isn't really hard, however taking the time to study all of Flash's interface, functionally, language (actionscript) can be a bit boring at the start. But once you've learnt most of the skills, that's when the fun begins.

If you know your software well enough it's even possible to create websites equal or even better then the ones you've just mention by yourself.

The programs used would definitley include Flash MX, and possibly in combination with Photoshop for the pictures, and 3DS Max or Maya for the 3D.

Hope that helps :)

noShame
02-18-2004, 10:37 AM
Awsome reply!

Thanks alot for the help mate!

Michael Chen
02-19-2004, 10:37 AM
Your welcome :)

gf666
03-04-2004, 11:39 AM
look at www.bionic-systems.com (http://www.bionic-systems.com) that one kicks ass!

TheAlienGus
03-13-2004, 08:49 PM
2advanced.com isn't that amasing.
Flashlevel, no idea . . .
Some of the complicated sites i've seen are, terminator3.com
thematrix.com, usually anything done by the staticopy teams
those are always worth looking at no matter what - a couple of thier sites are . . . .
www.staticopy.com
www.shilodesign.com
www.fictionpixel.com

I could never understand why poeple place so much attention on 2advanced.com or pixelranger.com |
But, to answer your question, The most commonly used apps appear to be 3d studio max, photoshop, swift 3d, After Effects, and of course Flash . . . I started out using 3d studio max and switched over to Lightwave, i like Lightwave alot more. I think i used Maya on one project . . .

atenyotkin
03-20-2004, 01:47 AM
Flash is not difficult to learn at all. I never bought any books, or took classes... or even looked online that much for any help. I went through the tutorials that came with it a few times, and understood the basics. My team is currently using Flash MX, 3D Studio Max 5, and Corel PhotoPaint.

I would have to agree with TheAlienGus about 2advanced.com. They seem impressive to a beginner, or to most of their clients (who have no clue what went into making that website.) It would take my team a few days (if that) to make something like 2advanced. One thing that I would say about their website is that they have a bunch of "special" effects on there, but they're not unified... just there to impress people.

Personally, I like websites like EVB.com, switchinteractive.com, sofake.com, whoswestudios.com, etc. Basically anyone creative.

BTW, don't think of Flash as just something to make websites with--it's capable of much more than that.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.