PDA

View Full Version : muscle test

SquirrelyJones
02-17-2004, 06:14 AM
this is just a little texturing test I did, I'm always amazed when I see skins with that flowing muscle style that just jumps out at ya. So heres how far I've gotten.

http://64.70.238.252/pics/arm.jpg

I used a grey background with the dodge and burn tool then I used the smudge tool with a hard edged brush to get the sharp indents in the muscle and a soft smudge brush to blend the surface of the muscle, then I just threw a basic color over it and another layer for the texture. I've always been a pass type of artist doing things in layers and then compositing them all together so even doing the greyscale muscle in one layer is kind of a change for me.

Frank Dodd
02-17-2004, 01:04 PM
It looks great to me the form and the fine texture on the skin work very well, they have the right shape and the right look with lots of detail. I thought that the colour of the skin looked a little grey or 'ceramic' however in the end I guess it really all depends on the type of character your going to apply it to.

Your quite right to play about with the as, for low poly characters in particular, I feel that this sort of effort and detail is vital to make the character intresting and to bring it to life.

Kijop
02-17-2004, 05:01 PM
Could U put model with skin applied now?

Does the guy have some problems with skin? I mean egzema or something? Surface looks like he's in deep trouble!

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.