PDA

View Full Version : Copy SDK tool

GhostMouse
02-17-2004, 03:02 AM
Hello,

Was just recently made aware of the copy sdk tool in the "bonus tools" menu that you can have added to maya. I have tried to wrap my head around it, and yet as simple as it may seem, I can't put my finger on what exactly i'm doing wrong. Can't find any .doc's on it and it doesn't seem like anyone whom i've talked to even knows about it.

If anyone knows the exact process of lining up these steps properly, I'd greatly appreciate the feedback!!

Thanks for your time...
GM

jadamburke
02-17-2004, 07:40 AM
you need to have an attribute selected in the channelbox so it knows where to copy the driven key curve's input and output to.

1. select the object and attribute which is controlled by a driven key

2. select the object and attribute you want to be the driver

3. select the object and attribute you want to be the driven

It'd be nice if this script defaulted to copy the same driven attributes if none were selected in the channelbox but it doesn't.

verbal007
02-17-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by GhostMouse
Was just recently made aware of the copy sdk tool in the "bonus tools"

As was I... just now... by you! Man, and I was actually about to set out to create such a tool. Kinda dissapointed I can no longer create a useful tool... but *shrug* at least now I can avoid the work.

jadamburke: I was going to put such an option in my tool... maybe I'll just customize the bonus tool.

Thanks to both for the head's up. I quickly went through the list of stuff that was in the bonus tools pack... but now that I'm taking another look... I missed a LOT of good stuff.

- Jeremy

GhostMouse
02-17-2004, 04:40 PM
Hey,

Thanks for the replies guys. So really this is only going to save me about 5-10 minuites worth of typing in attributes ... doesn't sound like much of a bonus to me but, its a start i guess.

Verbal007 - I urge you to make a better tool ... and then give me the script :thumbsup:

*chuckle*

Thanks again,
GM

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.