PDA

View Full Version : Mental Ray - the shading nodes...

spm
02-16-2004, 09:11 PM
does anyone know what all the MR shading nodes are for in the hypershader or know a tutorial about these? ive checked out the docs and found some helpful things by searching this site.

but...

the docs are filled with technical stuff, while i only want to know what each node does in short. i havent found any such information anywhere.

ive figured out one of the nodes, the one making a glass material, but the rest is a huge black hole to me... sucking up all my energy and frustration :)

what i want to know is: 'MR shading node name' = 'used for/when/if'

anyone have what im looking for? ive gone through the cell shading tutorial and the "make it look like glass" tutorial... i dont remember the name of the node :)

tnx!

Jozvex
02-16-2004, 11:46 PM
In my blurry reflections tutorial I have a short description of what each of the Mental Ray material shaders do:

www.jozvex.com/tutorials/glossy.html

spm
02-17-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Jozvex
In my blurry reflections tutorial I have a short description of what each of the Mental Ray material shaders do:

www.jozvex.com/tutorials/glossy.html

tnx! i didnt find that page earlier. very helpful.

popol
02-23-2004, 02:58 PM
http://www.impresszio.hu/szabolcs/MentalRay/MentalRayHide_Shaders/MentalRayHides_shaders.htm

rollmops
02-24-2004, 08:52 AM
:thumbsup:

Thanx a lot popol!

sebast1an2
02-24-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by rollmops
We only have 2 limits:
+ time
+ imagination

damn, thats so true:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.