PDA

View Full Version : shake file out node

keithv
02-16-2004, 03:32 AM
hey i cant remember how to render out my frames. right now i have been trying by creating my file out node it brings up a window that says saving image in whatever folder and at the bottom it says file name (is this for the actual name of the file or to save as like .tga it is a sequence that i am trying to render out frames 1-66) so what i have been doing is in the file name area i put .tga (to have a sequence of .tga files) is this right shouldnt it render out frames 1-66 as tga and i would have 66 files in my folder? well i do this that is just step 1 making the file out node. also above the file name area when making the file node there is checks for sequence listing, image only, etc what do i pick? ok after that it creates my file node i go up to render and go to file out render node and in the time range area it says 1-66. why doesnt this work
help me please
keith:cry:

nuke
02-16-2004, 08:21 AM
Hi Keith

Here's the deal:

You create your FileOut and a dialog box opens. Nevermind file type listing because it only shows the files and does not affect saving out (rendering) files. Now you should type your filename as below to render as file sequence:

myfilenamehere.#.tga (adds 4 digit padding to files 0001, 0002, 0003 etc.)
myfilenamehere.@.tga (does not add padding but numbers 1,2,3 etc.)

After this go to FileOut node parameters you just created and adjust Fileformat to Targa.

Render the sequence and you've done it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.