PDA

View Full Version : Maxscript Question: Select Vert based on vert number.

ThunderTurtle
02-15-2004, 04:50 AM
Hi all. I'm an imtermediate maxscript user working on one of my larger scripts right now. I've got it all working except that I am having an issue doing a simple command: selecting a vert according to it's vert number. Yes i've been through the help files and macro-recorder, but I guess I keep doing something wrong. It's a late night so if anyone can help out it would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

-Travis

ThunderTurtle
02-15-2004, 05:00 AM
I should also note that this is on an EDITABLE MESH. I can do a vert select on an edit-poly, but the mesh is giving me the trouble. Thanks again.

-Travis

LFShade
02-15-2004, 06:09 AM
It should be as simple as $.selectedVerts = #(i), where i is the index of the vert you want to select. This simple solution works for both EMesh and EPoly.

RH

ThunderTurtle
02-15-2004, 06:22 AM
Thank you Sir. You have justed saved me countless hours. Much appreciated.

-Travis

ThunderTurtle
02-16-2004, 07:20 AM
Well i'm getting closer.. Overall I want to do a batch job that will adjust and re-export a large number of models (same vert indexs). I've got it all tested and working except for the move. When I've got the script selecting a vert on my edit mesh, the move command give me the following error:

Runtime error: Cannot change mesh with modifiers present: Editable Mesh

If I remove all modifiers from the stack it works fine, but that's not an option because it will lose the weighting on the model.
Any ideas?

-Travis

galagast
12-28-2004, 03:22 PM
sori to dig up an old topic, but i was also wondering how to avoid the same error...
I hav this vertex position array from an editable mesh, and i want to copy those positions to another object's editable mesh modifier... but the following error also occurs...

Runtime error: Cannot change mesh with modifiers present: Editable Mesh

although it works well without modifiers, i was hoping to apply the script only to a target modifer (editable mesh)

im using max 6 by the way... my hands are trembling to get on some edit_poly mods :bounce: !!

anoon
12-29-2004, 01:18 PM
Travis, did you ever get this working?

Ah, the joys of working on sports titles! Let me guess... player heads?

I assume you are weighting with the Skin modifier? Why not save out the bone list and weights from the skin modifier, collapse the stack, perform your vertex operations, reapply skin, load your bone list, and finally load your weights?

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.