PDA

View Full Version : Film Still: Death of a Martyr

WhiteRabbitObj
02-14-2004, 06:58 PM
I've been working nonstop to finish my current film and as long as I'm doing render, I figured I'd post one up and get some feedback. This is the final scene from my approximately 8 minute long animated short. Hope you like the image.

http://www.rit.edu/~mjd6897/martyr.jpg

Completed in Maya 5.0.1. Photoshop for textures.

sula_nebouxi
02-15-2004, 12:43 AM
Very nice fire effect, too bad it doesn't show in his reflection. Only other thing i noticed was the light rays. Seems a bit too strong and hard. Other than that, this looks like it'll be a very cool animation. :)

SpaXe
02-15-2004, 12:47 AM
Well the fire looks not good enough...youcan change some value to make it real....

if the man is walking...the tep he steped should be black burned or some effects to show.

the floor doesn't shoe the reflecion of the fire.

:D
SpaXe-Xavier Ho

WhiteRabbitObj
02-15-2004, 01:57 AM
Thanks for the comments folks. To reply in sequence:

-Yep, no reflection of the fire and at the time I did this render I didn't know how to get reflections for particles. Silly me you just have to turn "visible in reflections" in Maya, but since that's a default for everything else it hadn't occured to me till I posted on the Maya Dynamics board. Any shots henceforth will be fixed!

-The light rays being too strong and sharp... I agree! As soon as I posted the image I went back and changed it. I have gone through a number of iterations of the look on the light fog and had recently upped the sharpness before I rendered this still. I decided it was too strong and changed it. Glad to see you agree with me.

-As far as the fire not being good enough... well it's the best I can do at the moment. I'm really into dynamics and am constantly honing my skills and learning new methods for it. This is the look for that character that I ended up finding worked the best and I'm sorry you don't like it but if you have some suggestions I'd love to hear them for future creations.

-Burned footprints... a good suggestion which would be an interesting avenue if I had time to pursue it but unfortunately I don't. :( Other shots in this film has footsteps in sand that are dynamic however which ended up looking pretty decent.

Thanks for the thoughts and critiques. Any other suggestions/comments are welcomed.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.