PDA

View Full Version : Universe Tutorial

pogeybait
02-13-2004, 11:17 AM
Does anyone know any good tutorials on creating a "layered" universe? My goal is to create a space scene using two spheres with their normals flipped. The outher sphere would have a star field material mapped to it and I already know how to do that. I want the inner-sphere to have a star field material mapped as well but a portion of the map needs to be transparent so that you can still see the outer-sphere. I have no idea how to set transparencies with max. Any suggestions or tutorials?

bullethead
02-13-2004, 12:56 PM
Well to create a standard transparant material just click on an open unused sphere slot, change color to whatever you want and I think theres something that says opacity. Turn it to 50. Or what ever you are comfortable with. I hope this helps somewhat. Looking forward to see what you are making.

Ian Jones
02-14-2004, 05:58 AM
OR add a map to the opacity slot. Do a quick search in the help files, for some simple info to get used to the material editor.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.