PDA

View Full Version : Whydoyouwork.com

Whydoyouwork
02-13-2004, 12:46 AM
Whydoyouwork.com (http://www.whydoyouwork.com)
My portfolio site.

A little briefing though:
The url/namer used to be just me while I was freelancing(all the pieces in 'product' are mine), but recently I started ot expand it. Salesman, other designers, etc.

So with this in mind, this version of my site needed to be more of a presentation of new information, than just a 'website'.

Lemme know what y'all think. I did it in a lil under 2 hours, around 3 am and deprived of sleep. So it's got its rough edges. Portolio is full php/mysql driven as well.

faizy
02-13-2004, 04:47 AM
Good Work! with the site.
Plz can you tell me what script did you put in the middle window because when we resize your window the middle one automatically centralizes it. with a unique way. Hope you understand what I am trying to ask.

By the way good but It can be perfect if you try improving the visualization.

yeson
02-13-2004, 05:06 AM
Nice site,i like this style.

Whydoyouwork
02-13-2004, 08:35 AM
@ Faizy - It uses a tween screipt and refers to what x coordinate to go to by using Stage.width/2. What do you mean by 'improving the visuals', what seems off, any suggestions?

Thanks for comments.

faizy
02-16-2004, 05:50 AM
All I am trying to say is that you have added a greate script n everything is also nice. But to improve you can do this when the clip is in the middle then add an effect of blink then text appears.
or some cool other effect. My suggestion is to create a theme for the middle. http://www.blitzds.com/relaunch.html check the site they have used the same color's theme. From my point of view its a game of colors play with them and have fun. Keep up the good work! n thanks for the code.

Whydoyouwork
02-16-2004, 04:55 PM
I see what you're saying. Now I would do somethignliek that, but, there is a theme already in place, no preloader, 50kb for the whole movie, and a simple presentation that stands behind its work.

Unless the client wants something crazy, I try to go as simple as possible, so I wanted nothign but a clean, professional look to the site.

To alot of Flash designers and designers in general, it's a plain site, but I don't design for those people, unless I get creative freedom on the project and then I design to win awards.

But I def see what you are saying.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.