PDA

View Full Version : Someone needs to tend to this problem....

swirlee
02-12-2004, 07:01 PM
I recently posted my information up in the artists looking for jobs forum and got a reply back from a person who was interested in my work. The supposed company was called iware and the "employer", ( handle - yeyeman9) was very eager to get me on the team. This being my first attempt at getting a job since I graduated, I was a little surprised and then I started to realize after chatting with this person on AIM that things weren't as they seemed. I was reluctant to ask what the average age of the other members who where on the program where but I did so anyway. He came back saying 14-22. That was a little disturbing knowing that if i took this job, I would be working next to a 14 year old or possible under him. The more I chatted with him i started to realize he had a very childlike way of forming sentences and through a bit of reverse physicology i was able to get him to admit that he was the 14 year old. He is now posting here http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119889 and claiming still to be the CEO of this non-exhistent company and wasting alot of peoples time. I sort of feel sorry for some who have posted because are doing the usual sucking up thats somewhat required but not when your sucking up to some 14 year old child living in puerto rico who is "teaching" himself c ++ so he can write the engine code. Its a pretty hilarious thing when I stop and think about it. I was just bringing it to the forums attention and hopefully someone whith more authority than I can put a stop to it and let this kid know that he cant be doing stuff like this when real proffesionals are serious about finding serious jobs...

thanks...

:)

Dave Black
02-12-2004, 07:20 PM
We will look into the matter and get back to you soon.

-3DZ

SheepFactory
02-12-2004, 08:34 PM
well he does say that thats a paying position. I do delete the "work for us for free" postings but i cant delete paying job postings based on the age of the poster.

SheepFactory
02-12-2004, 08:53 PM
Thread deleted due to other factors. thanks for bringing it to our attention

swirlee
02-12-2004, 08:55 PM
hmm i undertand the argument there.. but what i am telling you is there is no way he can pay these people.. he has no budget, no training in any artistic platform be it 2d or 3d... He claimes to be the ceo of a company called iware... and whn i pointed out to him that www.iware.com was already registered and compyrighted as both a company and the website URL by another company called EDS, he expressed his worry to me about how he was going to change the name of a company that he never had possesion of in the first place to something else without the people he was "hiring" to wonder why. He is telling these people that he can pay them when he told me he couldnt. I am not asking you to delete his post just to intervene and so some research and hopefully let this child know that he cannot do such things.

swirlee
02-12-2004, 08:58 PM
sorry for the above post.. i must have been writing it as you were posting yours.... for what reasons did you decide to delete it? where there any other complaints?

SheepFactory
02-12-2004, 09:03 PM
cause he used the name of some other company and as you said he cant pay the people he is hiring.

swirlee
02-12-2004, 09:10 PM
Preciate your time.. keep a look out for this poster... he is presistent little guy I will give him that. This isn't his first post regarding his "company" so I would keep a lookout for more as soon as he sees that its gone.

thanks

swirlee

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.