PDA

View Full Version : vehicle: Jeep w.i.p

VVRY
02-12-2004, 04:05 PM
Hey ppl, well kinda last quick work.
1.5 days for modeling all, about 3 days for texturing unwarping.
Since im not so good with last part so it taked much more time from me :/
1400 tris for body and interior, 160 for each wheel.
1x512*512 for body and 1x256*256 for wheels.
Enjoy :)
http://wry.emergingshadows.com/3dmax/cars/jeep/wip_5.jpg

Kijop
02-13-2004, 03:26 AM
Great! can U show back side? Bumper needs replacement at first :) (hooks?) also screws for wheels! caps! whole front is too much simplified! And lights!

TRyanD
02-14-2004, 09:49 AM
I agree taht the bumper isnt that good.

Awsome jeep man, put it in a game :)

Ive seen hooks there too.

Kijop
02-19-2004, 04:13 PM
Yea.. but this type? ;)

http://ak33.republika.pl/new-3.jpg

be inspired!

CADster
02-19-2004, 06:27 PM
looking good so far. i personally would model the lights and hinge and air grill (the silver one behind the hood). adding these little things would look much better... besides you already used geometry for the window hinge and wipers

the hooks are also correct (as is the bumper), ive seen them above and below the bumper on jeeps before. when they are on the top like that, you dont have to worry about them snagging rocks, shrubs or whatever.

and a question -

do you want the flames on the fenders to go 'forward' like that ??
the flames would also look better if they were on the side of the fender.

VVRY
02-23-2004, 08:52 PM
Well finally finished it. Just got my 3dmax back, so worked a bit on him. 3 hours for finishing it :)
http://wry.emergingshadows.com/3dmax/cars/jeep/jeep.jpg

pseudoBug
02-24-2004, 01:50 AM
Looks great. I would probably have wanted to put some more detail in the bumper/lights/grill area. Also, yeah, the flames should go backwards, unless you just really have to be different. (I should know, I'm a flames fanatic.)

I think the front *edit*> fenders (said bumpers, meant fenders) could use a little rounding off. There's a bit of a roundness to them I believe, not quite the angle like you have there. If you need more polys, turn that spare into a covered spare, or remove it entirely. The front would be seen much more than the back I'd think. (If not, it's more recognizeable, and would be better having more detail where it matters most.)

Having said all that, I think it's pretty cool. It could be seriously cool, or maybe even outrageaously cool though.

Hey, where did all the color go? And do you have any renders without the wire?

Kijop
02-24-2004, 10:34 PM
thought that You already started! bumper and hooks really need replacing! regardless original (?) they look too tiny. imho. and please post some pitures without wireframe!
am I causing any harm? ;)

TRyanD
02-24-2004, 11:03 PM
Yeah those bumpers arnt that great looking :O

Color pic would be cool :)

RmachucaA
02-25-2004, 03:15 PM
Modeling i think is great.... one thing that does stand out is that the tread pattern you selected is from an early 90's Bridgestone Blizzak WS-15...... Not only would a jeep not need it, but they dont make it in the jeeps size, plus a jeep would have a lot more aggressive tread patter, try doing it yourself...

nattnewman
02-25-2004, 05:18 PM
Certainly looking nice.

Quite possibly almost finished, but I do agree with some of the positive crits that you've gotten so far.

Have you thought about how the Jeep might damage at all?

RmachucaA: whoa! I think thats the kind of thing a true expert would know - PLEASE tell me you work in the industry making cars?? Or perhaps someone in the family is a mechanic? Just curious!

Good work VVRY.

Nathan.

RmachucaA
02-25-2004, 11:30 PM
hehe.. i slaved myself for 11 grand a year CDN for 3 years as a tire installer.... im so glad i quit.... so yeah.. i know tires inside out.

nattnewman
02-26-2004, 08:41 AM
lol, at least the knowledge comes in handy!

Although I'm not going to attempt to hi-jack this thread, always great work RmachucaA - your low poly car models are among the best I've ever seen around here. Keep up the good work!

:cheers:

Nathan.

VVRY
02-26-2004, 01:57 PM
Tnx for good words everybody :)
And about realistic car... I was asked to do just simple jeep model, then will looks cool, and with very low-poly limit. It was not perfect model, just it was must be looks like jeep, maybe some details changed, and modificated things. It was comercial model, on low price. So to model it just taked 1.5 hours, then texturing and optimization of some things. Hehe if i was wanting to create perfect Jeep model, with normal polycount i was creating it.
Ps: And about best car modeler, hehe look at Stecki hes the best 1 which i saw :D

RmachucaA
02-26-2004, 02:07 PM
nattnewman said "among" :-P... not the best... hehe, althoug some day i will be :-)..... Anyways, the jeep took 1 1/2 hours to model? thats pretty good.

Whats next?

VVRY
02-26-2004, 03:02 PM
Heh whats next. working on boat model for new OC map, 2400 tris all boat ^__^
A lol, jeep taked 1.5 days, 1/2 time of friday, and full monday.
http://wry.emergingshadows.com/3dmax/oc/boat/wip_4.jpg

TRyanD
02-28-2004, 11:57 AM
Nice man :)

OC? Organized Crime? :)

amola2k
03-20-2004, 06:49 PM
very very well done
very nice look with that amount of polys
cheers

Kijop
03-21-2004, 09:41 PM
YMBBJ man!

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.