PDA

View Full Version : batch for image resize

Gelsomino
02-12-2004, 04:36 AM
Hi !

I was wondering if there was another way to resize mass images from 1600X1200 to 1024X768 then by going to image size menu and resize it hand maid .. If any one knows help would be apreciates

Thanks !

and never forget to
Keep it on !:buttrock:

minky
02-12-2004, 12:03 PM
Use the Actions palette.

Open one of the 1600px images, click "Create New Action" on the "Actions" palette - make sure it's recording (VCR style record button will be red) resize the image as usual and then stop the recording (without saving the image). Close the image - no need to save it as you will be batching it.

Go to File > Automate > Batch, make sure your new action is selected in the drop down, choose your source folder (with the 1600px images in) and a destination folder (Save & Close will save over your original files!).

Click OK and PS will do the rest.

chach
02-12-2004, 03:16 PM
yes. create an action on a duplicate on one of your sequence files, outside of your sequence directory, include 'save' and 'close' at the end of the action. next, select the action and go to file> automate> batch

Gelsomino
02-12-2004, 04:57 PM
Thank you verrrryyyyy much !

:bowdown:

Rick Flowers
02-12-2004, 06:39 PM
Hey-

Don't give up. Took me a while to get my actions working and doing that.. before long I was resizing hundreds of avatars to 60x60.

dg
02-12-2004, 07:37 PM
You can also use the Automate > Fit Image in your action case you images to be processed don't have the same dimensions.

Cheers,
dg

Gelsomino
02-12-2004, 10:18 PM
Actualy the source image is from a digital cam so all the same size .. I already resized lots of theme hand maide .. but I knew there was a easyest way to do this ... there is always a easyest way with computers ..

thanks for all the ways explained in the thread so fare ..:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.