PDA

View Full Version : Automate:Joining Files into One file using a Layer Filter

Traker
02-12-2004, 02:58 AM
Lets say i have 100 files

I want to merge 99 files into the first file using a layer filter

The 99 files will all go one by one into the first file with lets say a "darken" layer filter..

Is there a way to make an action or some sort of automatic process...if its not posible withabobe photoshop do you know any utility tool to make this?

P.S:i don`t want to create an animation file...just to join all the 100 files into one file(.TGA) by using a layer filter

Thanks

hesido
02-13-2004, 09:16 AM
Here is an action script I did for you as a present :-P :)

You will have your -1st picture and your first picture only open- in photoshop, if you have multiple documents open this script will paste everything everywhere.

You then will go to File->Automate->Batch
Select our script there. Choose your source folder. Make sure the destination is selected as "none". Start and voila.

Documents are opened one by one, and eachtime, the document is copied to a new layer, the layer is set to darken, and then the two layers are merged, and the opened document is closed not to lose memory.

If you do not want to make it a darken layer, simply untick that in the actions menu. Same goes for flatten, if you don't want to flatten, untick that.

Even if this may not be exactly what you are looking for (but pretty much close to it!) you can learn what to do, and modify the script to your needs (like make a multiply layer etc.)

hesido
02-13-2004, 09:22 AM
Btw, this action is very non-invasive, it won't auto save anything, but I have to say I will NOT take responsility for any damage that may occur during the operation of this script, that includes those which involve the explosion of your monitor and frying of your cpu. Yeah.
:beer:

Traker
02-14-2004, 12:19 AM
AWSOME :buttrock:
Thanks a lot,that helped :bowdown:

:beer:

P.S:The monitor exploded and the CPU started smokeing :p

hesido
02-14-2004, 12:37 AM
No problem, I'll send you the money for cpu and monitor thru paypal. ;)

bluemagicuk
02-14-2004, 01:01 AM
lol u 2 :buttrock:

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.