PDA

View Full Version : A couple of MEL scripts request 9_9

Glenfx
02-11-2004, 08:05 PM
I really dont understand MEL... been trying to understand programing for several years and im really stupid at it 6_6, so since i cant make the scripts i thought i could ask if people can do them for me. :blush:

I would like to know if there is the possibility of creating a mel script that transfers UVs between Subdivision objects in a simmilar fashion as the polygon transfer uvs one.
This would save hours of work, frustration, hair, etc for many people who didnt know that its best to UV before rigging the characters. I really dont want to loose all my work :cry:

Also i would like to know if there can be a script for copying or transfering rigid weights in a simmilar fashion as the smooth copy weights.
"Ok i now have the record of stupid desitions"....not only i cannot transfer subdivision UVs, i cannot save my rigid weights and i cant transfer them either :surprised

Im much more interested in the UV script and i think is much easyer than the weight one because there is the reference of the polygon one... no?

Please im really desperate right now, ive posted in avery maya forum about my problem and nobody cares, and i though that a mel script could save all my work.

I beg you for the help :sad:

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.