PDA

View Full Version : Need help animating beach water...

lazerbase
02-11-2004, 11:11 AM
I would like to render a 10 second animation of some lovely caribbean style water, you know as if it's in a beautiful blue sea with sand beneath, and the way the light dances.

Anyone give me any tips?

I have created water before by changing the size of one of my bump maps over time, worked quite well but I want that nice caribbean feel.

Any help greatly appreciated.

peace

lazerbase

lazerbase
02-12-2004, 08:07 AM
*bump*

Having just read my post back, it sounds a big vague. I just want to animate nice blue water, forget the sand underneath and the dancing light, just want some nice blue water.

I know there is a few tutorials out there, but most of them are for more stormy waters. I want my water to be 'relaxing'. ;)

Thanks again in advance.

peace

lazerbase

limkinkwan
02-12-2004, 11:15 AM
-Displacement map Animated by one or two null.
-Color, diffuse, spec, bump add a texture and also add a null to certain channel to Animate the texture.
-Try to use the shader like fast/real fresnel, edge transparency...
-Adjust the lightning and add some volumetric.

I tried this, b4 and the result is quite acceptable, If you tried before and still not satisfy is suggest you use the "Real flow" plugin
http://www.nextlimit.com/
You can download the demo also.:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.