PDA

View Full Version : character WIP: American Samurai

Jevin
02-11-2004, 02:50 AM
THe concept is this:
A character (Let's call him Micheal for now) grows up loving everything about Japan. He learns martial arts, how to use a sword, and tries to dress in an american style.

Then gets tossed into a world where magic and knights still exist, alongside with super technology. Amidst all this, he finds himself gaining powers like some of the magicians and warriors of this world has.

So you've got a generally naive, good hearted character who's never been able to play out his fantasies suddenly thrust in a world that desperately needs him to, and if he doesn't, he's dead.

Obviously, no textures yet. I'll post a wireframe in awhile, once I'm real proud of it. The main thing I want responses on is the overall shape, the color scheme, the design choices, and if the model fits the char personality I described above.

Suggestions on what materials to make the clothing are also welcome.

Made in Lightwave, 1676 tris. I might beef it up to an even 2000 by giving the face more detail.
All in all, less than 24 hours of work, not sure how much less, it was a bit here and there over several days

http://images2.deviantart.com/i/2004/07/1/d/Game_Character.jpg

Jevin
02-17-2004, 07:52 AM
http://ssj4jit.homestead.com/files/NewCharacter.jpg
Update and revamp on the character.
It'd be nice if anyone decided to actually respond to this.

SammyB
02-17-2004, 09:47 AM
His hands look really fat. I'm guessing your not exactly going for realism right?

PharCyde
02-18-2004, 01:42 AM
What up, Jevin

The character looks to fit the description. Might want to slim his hands down a little as SammyB mentioned.

Face looks much better in your updated pic. Looks like he might have a goate?

As far as the outfit goes. How does he end up in the alternate universe? Was he just walking down the street coming home from a night club and got zapped? You could put him in leather trench coat that's had its sleaves ripped off since appearing in the new world and maybe put him in blue jeans and somce scuffed up Doc Martins?

Jevin
02-19-2004, 06:27 AM
Well, it wasn't a goatee, but thanks for the idea.

About how he ends up there, he's basically ambushed on a subway train by a bunch of guys from the place, who are trying to hunt him down (for reasons he doesn't know)

He stumbles across the portal by accident, at his friend's house, and everyone in the room is dropped into this new place.

I doubt I'd have his sleeves ripped off, but I dunno. Would he look better without the long shirt sleeves?

I was thinking of changing his shoes to boots. I wanted him to look combat ready cause he's into martial arts and all that (he's coming home from a tournament)

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.