PDA

View Full Version : Char - Main Char Viking [WIP]

Lost_in_spajS
02-10-2004, 01:08 PM
Hi all this is what im currently working on, its supposed to be a Main char for a game some friends and i are working on.. making everything from scratch including GameEngine aswell..

This is what i Got so far.. as u can see iv started texturing some body and face but theres still a long way to go. please dont be afraid 2 Crit n Comment..

oh btw 4237 polys atm and that includes the Two axes on his back which u can bearly see ;P..

Cheers

http://3dspace.lexor.net/MainWip.jpg

Frank Dodd
02-10-2004, 01:29 PM
I 'think' thats quite a lot of polys (of course it depends on what environment the character will be in) however you do have a good level of detail in the model.

It's a little difficult to tell with the loin cloth but the legs do appear to be a bit short and the torso a bit too long as if his middle has been stretched somewhat. The other proportions and muscle build of the body looks well formed however he does look a bit skinny, not the type of guy you expect to be swinging an axe about in battle.

I think you have captured the Nordic look in the face very well and the body texturing looks very good in general too.

Good luck with your game

three
02-10-2004, 06:01 PM
looking cool :)
the hands might need some attention. as well as the upper body, looks like his legs are too short, or the torso too long.
otherwise it looks nice.
the textures rock, and you've got the face right.

some wires would help for us to make out if the mesh will deform and so on.
do you have any concepts?

Lost_in_spajS
02-11-2004, 01:01 PM
Tnx for the nice Comments =)..
Yeah i know there are some proportions Errors needed 2 be fixed ill get 2 it asap and the hands need some more lovin.. im still trying to get the polycount down a tad but since hes main char I still want him to be as Detailed as possible.

Ill post some Wires as soon as i find the time.. in the mean time i took a Screen capture of one of the early builds of the Game so you can get the Feel of what type of game im talking about..

http://3dspace.lexor.net/PjViking.jpg

the gfx might look a bit jagged & Cruddy but its mostly cuz i Shrunk the file size of the pic.. ohwell.. ;)

Cheers

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.