PDA

View Full Version : Sadness.........

Daxx
01-24-2002, 05:41 PM
In The Challenge Section my WIP have 0 reply :( :(

is too ugly??? :(

lildragon
01-24-2002, 06:03 PM
it's a nice character, but you have to read the rules ;) http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=620 one requirement is that he's to be alien :)

Daxx
01-24-2002, 06:23 PM
sure but it's possible to have 0 replyes?

ACFred
01-24-2002, 07:06 PM
Hey Daxx,

Well, your character is certainly worthy of praise and criticism. I'm sure it's nothing personal.

I like the character. His big bushy mustache has all sorts of comedic potential.

In the sepia toned images, he reminds me much more of a stop-motion character. I think the colored image is more expressive, but I understand the desire to give him an old-world feel with the sepia tone.

Good work. I'd like to see an environment or another character that he'd interact with to truly see what you have envisioned for him.

Alec

lildragon
01-24-2002, 07:21 PM
ok Daxx I'll try to make this clear did you read the rules?

umm better yet let me post them here since you missed the link ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the final rules for this first challenge are

1) Male (you got that)
2) thin and tall (you're character is neither thin or tall)
3) Alien like (he's human)
4) Big hands and feet (you character has proprotioned feet and hands)
5) a tail (he has none)
6) Pirate themed (the only thing piratey about him is his fencing sword and hat)
7) A Prosthetic part (he has none)
8) an item in hand, like weapon, magic item or spoon (?!) (you got that his sword)
9) friendly looking (you got that)
10) wings optionnal (they can be organic or mechanic )

when you comply to the above rules *then* you'll get proper crits, otherwise this piece of work belongs in the 3D Artwork forum...

I hope you got it ;)

good luck

Daxx
01-24-2002, 08:22 PM
tnx Alec!! ^_^

AnimaLMotheR
01-24-2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Daxx

is too ugly??? :(

Probably (j/k). :D:D;)

Pyro2301
01-25-2002, 02:29 AM
It doesn't fit in with the challenge rules but I still like it and the poll so far is 100% for it not being too ugly :D

-Victor

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.