PDA

View Full Version : need help animating day to night transition

BabyJesus
02-09-2004, 09:57 PM
ok, I'm working in 3dsmax 5.1. i'm a traditional animator new to 3d. this is a project for my 3d animation 1 class...

ok here goes, i'm animating an outdoors scene that, like in time lapse photography, goes from day to night. and im stuck on how to animate my 2 sky textures going from day to night.

for my sky textures i used just a gradient ramp map on my diffuse color for my day time cloud colors with some noise to get a somewhat realistic looking sky. and for my night sky i used a noise map on my diffuse color and just tweaked the settings to get the appearance of stars. so here i have 2 good looking maps, but im at a loss as to how to get them to go from one to another, ive been playing around and looking for tutorial help for house to no avail.

so if anyone could be kind enough to give me some step by step help i'd greatly appreciate it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.