PDA

View Full Version : Matrix Textures

athenaatje
02-09-2004, 08:17 PM
Hi

i'm planning on doing a Matrix (Reloaded)- inspired animation. My only concern are the textures (=say the textures of the burly brawl scene, where Neo fights a hundred of Smiths, of the houses, floor, etc). If there's no other way of finding the texures on the net, could someone tell me how to make them myself? This is a more general question but, if there's no other option....

Thx anyway!

EricChadwick
02-10-2004, 02:06 PM
There are tons of free high-res texture sites on the web. Check Leigh's sticky thread at the top of this section.

Get lots of screengrabs of the scene, then model the scene, and tweak photo textures to match the movie.

Spritemare
02-10-2004, 09:12 PM
I wanted to do a still/3d of this same exact thing. Check out thematrix.com, and look under their wallpaper section, you can get massive screenshots of various movie clips there.

athenaatje
02-11-2004, 12:14 PM
Thx for the replies!

Spritemare, do you have a screenshot of your render? Not that i'm going to replicate it, just curious;)

Spritemare
02-11-2004, 02:06 PM
I haven't begun it yet :) I'm only a beginner at the whole 3D thing. I'm having a horrible time with Maya, but I do well at Poser + Photoshop.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.