PDA

View Full Version : make him stop walking natually

macoy
06-29-2002, 06:32 AM
I've made a perfect walk cycle. I ran into serious trouble when trying to make him stop. I made a slower walk and try to mix the two in the mixer, but I cant get rid of the sliding once he starts to slow down.

hope someone can give me a little hint, I will keep trying different method for the moment....

SeaQuake
06-29-2002, 05:17 PM
You have to use the Bridge transition tool...It's a bit tricky trying to align the normal and the slowing motion...YOu'd have to create markers that define similar poses for both clips, align them and then apply the bridge transition.

In any case, in the tutorials there is a pretty good explanation on how to do it..Hope this helps you a bit.

macoy
07-04-2002, 11:18 AM
The mixer is really messing things up, and make things "impossible" to modify...

Now I am using Fcurves all the way, it works fine, but I am just a bit tired...

mixer is great for posing all the way and block out the whole animation though

ggg
07-04-2002, 11:01 PM
action key is your best friend for this

-in the mixer, merge to new source to make copies of your actions/clips so this doesn't wreck your original sources,
-Rclick on the clip, animion editor, lock the editor so it doesn't update on everyting else you click on,
-if oyu re slowing it wdown using time warp make sure in aniamion editor that view>local time is on
-find a key where a foot first comes down, if it helps slect ankle null and duplicate it,
-move to next frame where foot should be in the same place (but due to time warp or animation of a top node in hierarchy etc has caused foot not to plant and stay) and then move foot back to where it should be and action key it, (the advantage of duping nulls is you cna see where it should have stayed)
-then make sure the curve between these two points is straight between them ie, each ones handles point at the other key, do this for x y z. With time wapr and keys of higher up padrts of the hierarchy some further twaeking fo the curve between these two positions migh tbe required to keep it in place.

The only other excrutiating method I know is to dupe nulls form the effectors at the beggining of each foot plant then mix constraint by position the foot to it and then relaese but at relaease the foot is difficult to blend into and oftne it moves back inthe air rather than forward.

I think the 'correct' and exact way to do all this would be to write a script for the walk motion, not the simple 'average hip position between feet position' script but rather one that modified the clip and effector positions based on time warp and animation of the top null used for forward motion and turning.

macoy
07-05-2002, 01:37 AM
thx for all the tips:)

scripting just make a human character walk like a robot (useful for robot ), I guess its still better to use Fcurves. I do used script to control certain things though.

the mixer in version 1.5 is fairly limited, unfortunately I have to use 1.5 for this project.....

May the raw power of Fcurves be with me:beer:

ggg
07-05-2002, 02:12 AM
-oops sorry I agree robot motion, bad.
-hand tweaked fcurves good
-then meant a script to amplify parts of the action/clip and lock feet in pos
-I'll make one for my next project, and post it

anyway I have 3 characters holding hands etc each basedon a walk cycle with time wapr and turng etc and it wasn't too difficult jus to go in and action key the foot plant locking it in place, jus tope the animation editor on the source of the clip(a copy as said before) line up wiht a key where the foot plants and moveit where it should be and hit action key, then move to next key where foot is still supposed to be planted and move it back to where it belongs, was at previous frame and hit action key again, and do for each step that is slipping, thats it really :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.