PDA

View Full Version : Painter 7_random crash

ToFu
02-09-2004, 01:24 AM
I'm having very annoying problem with painter 7.
I 've been sketch stuff using 2b pencil brush and painter just keep crashing. It doesn't crash while I actually drawing (yet) but when I zoom in,out or just open the file and do nothing for a moment.
and there's no error messeges either!

Do I have to set my virtual memory to certain amount to fix this or is it something else?

by the way my system spec is 2g dual xeon/ 1g ram/ quadro video card and I'm using painter 7.1.

thanks in advance.

Jinbrown
02-09-2004, 12:35 PM
Hi,

See my new thread named Keeping Painter 6, Painter 7, and Painter 8 Running Smoothly (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=121596)

Also, using too many Layers and very large image can sometimes cause problems. Try working with fewer Layers and, in addition to the suggestions in my thread linked above, see if that helps.

Good luck,

ToFu
02-10-2004, 09:55 PM
Thank you Jinbrown.
However, those method still didn't fixed problem so I changed Painter's compability to 'windows 2000' and it works great now!:applause:
If anyone experiencing problem like I had, give that a try.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.