PDA

View Full Version : MAYA_RIGGS? Any good????

John Lee
06-29-2002, 12:59 AM
Hi there

Have you used maya to set up character? In Maya what controls allow
you to have control over your mesh? e.g. can you assign Controller
objects to your bones so that hte CTRL object inherits it's motion
like x y z and h p b ?

John

http://characteranimation.co.uk

ME3D
07-02-2002, 07:33 AM
Im rigging in maya presently and have found it much easier than my days in max. Character studio was good but the bones weren't a good fit for me.
Have had some trouble painting weights around bones. It works with artisan so you can interactively paint weight on the mesh! But due to my current charaters position its not letting me paint all of what I'd like. Any one out there with ideas why?

Otherwise the controls are really easy to set and predefined actions are made in a matter of minutes. Eyes opening closing etc....

pushingpixels
07-08-2002, 12:37 PM
I think an image of your character (in bind pose) would be a help to figure out what the problem could be. Are u using nurbs, poly or subd?

But i had problems in the past with painting weights on a poly mesh. I didn't layout my uv's properly. That was sorted after mapping the character in a proper way....

ME3D
07-08-2002, 07:10 PM
Ahhhhhhhh! So good to know its figured out.
When binding my charcter I left the influence to a default of 4 (for weight). And never could add more weight painting outside of the range this set.
I could only paint out influence.
Now I'll have to remember to play with the influence at the time of binding in order to get it to over lap some but not so much as to jump over to the rest of the body. Just got it last night!!!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.