PDA

View Full Version : problem in Cluster

henrick
02-08-2004, 04:50 AM
hi
I put clusters for my character's eye
whenever I rotate the head, the eyes of the character change.
Are there special thing that I need to set?
the setting of the clusters are default settings.

I don't really want to use blend shape because I am not goin to animate much on the character

anyone have any idea why?

thanks

Matt Leishman
02-09-2004, 11:11 PM
it sounds as though the deformation order on the geometry that the cluster is attached to is wrong.

What is happening is that Maya is recognizing the joint deformation as being a more important deformation than the cluster deformation. You want maya to think that the cluster should come before the skinCluster.

Select your skinned geometry (which also has the cluster on it), right click and go to Inputs. A window should pop up showing you all the inputs in the geometry. middle mouse drag the cluster node so that it is before (or underneath) the skinCluster node.

oh and make sure that you are in the bind pose too. good luck

henrick
02-22-2004, 10:22 PM
hi
thanks for the help earlier but I have one more problem on clusters.
I want to move the "blend shape"in the INPUT menu list but there is a huge gap between "skin cluster", I am unable to scroll down while I am holding blende shape and I am not allow to put "blende shape" in the gap.

any idea how can I do it?

thanks

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.