PDA

View Full Version : Fitting Planarprojection

BarbaPappa
02-06-2004, 04:39 PM
Hi!

I'm trying to make a uv mapping script that automatically fits the selected planarprojection manipulator to it's faces. Has anybody done this?

I've read about a ProjectorFit script, but can't get it to work correctly. It doesn't really size very precisely when i try to use it.

This function exists in 3ds max and i miss it, maybe it already exists somewhere but i haven't found it.

I've tried best plane texturing tool and smartfit, but I'm not satisfied with the way it works.

ktpr
02-06-2004, 06:12 PM
From the online help:

-md/mapDirection x/y/z/c/b This flag specifies the mapping direction. 'x', 'y' and 'z' projects the map along the corresponding axis. 'c' projects along the vurrent camera viewing direction. 'b' projects along the best plane fitting the objects selected.

so...

polyProjection -ch 0 -type Planar -ibd on -icx 0.5 -icy 0.5 -ra 0 -isu 1 -isv 1 -md b pSphere1.f[0:99];

Maps to best plane. This work?

BarbaPappa
02-07-2004, 09:07 PM
Nope!

When you have 2 faces facing opposite directions, in a cube for instance, the best plane projection doesn't work. But i've made a script that just uses the first face to get the correct direction, so the align problem is solved, now i need to fit the uv manipilator to the selected faces.

Thanks anyway...

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.