PDA

View Full Version : 3D lookin page / lil`bitmap flood / MIME problems

Protoplasma
02-06-2004, 04:27 PM
Hi there,
the following is a site for a techno/dance series, named "dance of machines". there aren`t big animations in yet cause i had to begin with the HTMLonly vers. i need feedback about general favour and the loadingtimes. Especially the dial-up users should give me a line or two because i haven`t the possibility to test with small connections. is it too slow ???
i also tried to attach a java Script rollover event which plays a small .wav at each rollover ( 5Kb ), t worked fine for me but at my friends comp, quicktime played the file and the player destroyed the site setup. is there a possibility to handle this different MIME settings via the net ?. I tried it that way because i don`t wanted any flashfiles in this version.
please share your knowledge with me - thanks in advance
here is the link:
CLICK HERE (http://www.tanzdermaschinen.de)

coCoKNIght
02-08-2004, 01:06 PM
What does this site have to do with flash?

Protoplasma
02-08-2004, 03:13 PM
well, as i said there aren`t any swf files in yet. this is just the html only vers. for users without flash and / or low bandwith. i posted it here because it is the most common section for webpages at cgt. what about your connection and the loadingtimes for this page ?

coCoKNIght
02-08-2004, 03:15 PM
I've got a broadband connection and didn't have to wait...
That doesn't help you much, I know...

Troub
02-15-2004, 09:15 AM
i'm on isdn in germany and it took about 12 sec to load the complete interface.
with more content it could be a bit slow.
i think for users that are interested in graphics its ok, but for those you are aiming for (music) it could be faster.
no sound here.

forgot to mention that i like the design ;)

Protoplasma
02-17-2004, 06:33 PM
thanks troub, i think you`re right. i`ll have to cut some bytes here. there is no sound and or animation in yet. no real update until now, just changed the splash screen.

LINK (http://www.tanzdermaschinen.de)

vielen dank fr die info, troub ;-)

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.