PDA

View Full Version : teeth & morph targets

binary_trips
06-28-2002, 05:37 PM
my character needs some facial expressions, but i dont wanna show in every shape the teeth of the cartoony-style character...

i have no idea how the get the best result - i cant animate the the theeth like an "elevator" that comes aut uf the mouth between the two morph targets

is there anybody who has experience, any ideas or know a tutorial of this problem?
thanks in advance...:rolleyes:

lostpencil
06-28-2002, 06:42 PM
Whenever I have teeth on my characters I just position them where they belong (mostly hidden by the lips) and parent them to the head bone. Make sure that the teeth aren't part of the morphing. That way, when you morph the lips they will reveal and conceal the teeth as needed. Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Paul Mikulecky
Lost Pencil Animation Studios Inc.
http://www.lostpencil.com

"The art of character animation is to try
to catch lightning in a bottle.... one volt
at a time." Brad Bird

Dave Black
07-02-2002, 06:58 PM
Just guessing you're using Max, if not, most software packages have this feature:

You can easily animate the teeth moving up and down with the morph by using a reactor controller. Basically it will allow you to move the teeth up or down relative to the morph spinner.
Look it up in the manual, as it's too difficult to explain here. Works like a charm, and I use it all the time at my job.

:D

Hope that's of some help

Liquidstudio
07-12-2002, 07:41 AM
If you are using Max 4 then you can also use the wire parameters. It can do the same thing as reactor (just a little simpler). But as 3DZealot said reactor works realy well and is probably your best bet. Look on the max help.:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.