PDA

View Full Version : Max 6: Bring back meshtools! - unless...

sforsyth
02-06-2004, 10:47 AM
Just posted this in the 3DS Max forum, but as someone pointed out, it'd be better suited here. Having NO programming skills, I'm hoping someone here knows the answer or can help me out. I'm amazed more people aren't having trouble with it to be honest, unless they all know something I don't...

Okay, we just got Max 6 in and I've just installed it. With Max 4 and meshtools, I could connect two vertices, or two edges, or two polys using one keystroke assignation, now that seems out the window. Has anyone been able to get this to work?
I mean, if I want to connect, I should be able to connect with one keystroke regardless of what it is I'm connecting, be it vertex, edge, or poly. Now, I have to assign 3 different keys to get this. I can't get over this and it bugs me big time, it's probably the thing I do most in Max when modelling.

Has anyone got around it? Any ideas at all?

Seán

sforsyth
02-06-2004, 12:44 PM
I'm such an idiot. The meshtools from Laszlo are on the second CD, so I can just use those. D'oh!

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.