PDA

View Full Version : Issues going from PS6 to PS-CS (need help)

rv-el
02-06-2004, 04:59 AM
ok, something that i did a lot in PS6 is i would make an action for saving out a file (jpg,tga, whatever). i would hit a shortcut key and it would save out OVER my files (that i picked when i recorded the action)... then i could tab over to 3dsmax and it would auto update... this made things go very quick. But in photoshop CS i do the exact same thing and its saving out a copy.. so instead of going over "map.tga" it makes "map copy.tga"
when i make the action i do it so i copy over the "map.tga" just in case. but still no go.

also i'm getting a lot of Errors when i try to save out over the file as well. Something about it being open, but its NOT open in photoshop. it doens't always do this. just sometimes. and i can stop it temporarily by opening the file and closing it in photoshop. then its fine.... :shrug:

any work arounds on this will help. man things were so smooth in ps6.

DJMirage
02-07-2004, 11:28 AM
record your action again.
then use save for web, then go to options > file name saving. and then turn off _copy.
make sure you have
filename in 1 box and extension in another box, and no other fields chosen.

that should work fine :D

cheers.
:bounce:

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.