PDA

View Full Version : how to query recent command?

luonaldo
02-05-2004, 04:11 PM
Hi, All.
Here I have a problem to solve. Could someone do me a favor?
In HyperShade I made a connection between two nodes, such as multiplyDivide.outputX ----> joint1.rotateX. accordingly, in the script editor, a mel script displayed:"connectAttr -f multiplyDivide.outputX joint1.rotateX". Then,(maybe after a few other steps) I would like to run one of my scripts to do sth(I had made it a button on the shelf). But I need the "connectAttr -f multiplyDivide.outputX joint1.rotateX" as the input string of my script. How can I query this command?
I tried to use "undo -q -undoname", but it can only query several past command such as "select -cl", while the connectAttr can't be got.
And further, does maya offer a mel command to query recent commands that happened a centain steps ago?

Thx a lot!

luonaldo
02-07-2004, 11:19 AM
I have tried to type in and execute "connectAttr xxxx.xxx yyyy.yyy" in command line , and then I run the command of "string $temp = `undoInfo -query -undoName`;" the result is what i want. But when I use window interface(connection Editor) to make a connection between two attributes, I can't query the right command by "undoInfo". Althrough the display in History pane of the script Editor looks the same, I think there must be some difference between window operation and directly typing in command, history window only shows a command that may have equal result. isn't it?

BTW, English is not my mother tongue, so please forgive me for making some mistake in grammar, and if there is any, point out for me, I will be appreciate for it.

Thanks again.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.