PDA

View Full Version : Rigging: wrap deformer problem

bigjef
02-05-2004, 12:15 PM
Hi
I have some trouble which I don’t now how to handle.
I have model a low poly character and converted it to SubD now I am trying to use Stevens approach (wrapper and blend shape) to animate the character.
The first odd thing is when I building the skelett the joint is very big. I have to turn the display scale down to 10% and my character is not small, about 15 grids (cm). Does the scale depend on all objects in the scene?
The second problem is that the wrapper which is a copy of the 0 level SubD doesn’t influence SubD at all. I have tried many different settings but non work. I created a new scene and build a poly cylinder convert it to SubD and did same thing on this and it worked. What can be wrong in my character scene?

bigjef
02-11-2004, 08:33 AM
Finally I solved the problem with tips from another thread http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=71299
My problem was that I had to many shapenodes. To find out witch was the right I selected “vertex on” in the attribute, if nothing happen I delete the shapenode. The extra shape nodes, I think creates when going from poly to subd and back again and they want delete when you delete history. Hope this will be some help for somebody else.

Regards Jens

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.