PDA

View Full Version : My attempt to make a car for a game ( Camaro I-ROC Z )

AndreKling
02-05-2004, 01:34 AM
Hello people. This was an old model i did for a friend. He owns a IROC and he told me he has never found a 3D model of one. So i decided to make one for him. The model has 3200 tris ( no tires yet ). I hv never done a model of a car, so i dont know the polycount for it, so any feed back would b awesome.
I had the texture layed out and painted but i lost... hv to do it again AAAAARRRGG
Any CC is apreciate.
Andre Kling David

http://andrekling.sites.uol.com.br/camaro.jpg

commy
02-05-2004, 01:39 AM
u managed to squeeze 3200 tri's into that tiny red X? i think u need to optimise that or check ure image link ;)

AndreKling
02-05-2004, 01:50 AM
ooops bad server. will upload it to my friend ftp tomo
Andre

Beroc-LOD
02-05-2004, 06:23 AM
Heh.... get properties on the red x... copy the url to a web page... and press GO!!!

Looks pretty good, very accurate.

Depends on the usage for it. The bulk of the poly usage is in vents are my guess.

Some questions:
What is the purpose of the highly defined vents on the hood. Is there something underneath it that will require that many polys?
You have taken the time to make indents for the door and hood jams. Are these polys nessecary? Do the hood and doors open?

I could give lots of little tid bits on how to make a game worthy model. The first and biggest things is to not waste time and poly count on hidden objects. Painting on details will sometimes work out better then creating alot of polygons to replace them.

Eiether way... check the pic out below.... the red lines I drew in are questionable, and could be replaced by texture.

http://lod3d.net/pic/needed-unneededlines.gif

Course... all this depends on what you are doing with it. ;)

AndreKling
02-05-2004, 09:29 AM
Well first of all i was oing to use the car for a short film, thats y i erased the tires, they were too high poly... and is the same reason for those small details.
Andre

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.