PDA

View Full Version : need help!

kareanne
02-04-2004, 08:38 PM
this morning,i was using PS7 and my eraser tool started acting up,only when i used the brush or the pencil.instead of erasing normally,it would erase as if it was an art history brush,with scattered dots and i couldn't find a way to get it back to normal.could anyone help me on this,thanks.

Ian Jones
02-04-2004, 10:55 PM
Along the top toolbar strip just below your program menu's there is a little checkbox 'erase to history'. That's should do it.

kareanne
02-04-2004, 11:01 PM
Ian Jones:mine isn't active,i can't seem to use it.

bumskee
02-05-2004, 12:13 AM
I usually check for dynamics in brush pallette, "scatter" option could be it. but then again I don't even know what history brush does...what does it do anyway???

dg
02-05-2004, 01:39 AM
@bumskee:
Basically it paints based on a history step, sometimes is very usefull, but you can live without that...hehehe

@kareanne:
Have you checked the brush settings for your eraser?

At last resource you could try to delete your prefs file in

<Drive Letter>:\Documents and Settings\<User>\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\<PS Version>\Adobe Photoshop <Version> Settings\Adobe Photoshop <Version> Prefs.psp

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
dg

kareanne
02-05-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by diogo girondi
@bumskee:
Basically it paints based on a history step, sometimes is very usefull, but you can live without that...hehehe

@kareanne:
Have you checked the brush settings for your eraser?

At last resource you could try to delete your prefs file in

<Drive Letter>:\Documents and Settings\<User>\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\<PS Version>\Adobe Photoshop <Version> Settings\Adobe Photoshop <Version> Prefs.psp

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
dg

thanks,i redid my brush preferences this morning and now my r\eraser is working normally.

TheWriter
02-05-2004, 03:52 PM
I've noticed such odd behaviour with the eraser tool I try to avoid it at all costs now.

foolproof
02-05-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by TheWriter
I've noticed such odd behaviour with the eraser tool I try to avoid it at all costs now.

Hmmm...so what do you do in order to erase?

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.