PDA

View Full Version : OC mod: Dirty Blue Car :)

VVRY
02-04-2004, 04:48 PM
Hi all, well since nobody can texture car better then his modeler, so im started with car skins. Its my first texture, so dont look on it 2 seriously. There is 2*512*512 for body/interior, 1 256*256 for tyre, 1 128*128 for rims.
http://wry.emergingshadows.com/3dmax/cars/oc/oc_blue_car.jpg
http://wry.emergingshadows.com/3dmax/cars/oc/wire.jpg
http://www.planetunreal.com/organizedcrime/

KazuyaMochu
02-05-2004, 11:04 AM
I like it better with the wireframes on!

know why? 'cause you cant tell there are diferent smoting groups!

try playing around with them, and see what you can come up with.

like... in the side, hood, it looks a bit boxxy

take care

Kazuya Mochu

ShortFuseNZ
02-05-2004, 12:37 PM
Great work so far and for a first skin damn good. Im working on my first skin just playing around with my glock 18 and it sucks :P Nice job.

Can you post a preview of a texture map maybe, i just wanna see how you unwrapped this beast.

mindrot
02-05-2004, 05:35 PM
I kind of agree with Kazuya Mochu on the smoothing group issue.

There also seems to be a strange mesh artifact happening on the front fender.

I would possibly work on the dirt a bit longer.... it looks good and the placement is fine, I just think that you take it further. Possibly put more dirt in the corner areas. Like where the back fender meets the body....

Other than that.... she looks sweeeet....

RmachucaA
02-05-2004, 05:48 PM
i think the modelling is fine, better the NSFU crap. Texturing wise, it needs a little more definition, but its coming along real nice.

Beaneh
02-05-2004, 07:30 PM
I'm not sure what polycount you were aiming for but I think you should get rid of some polys in the wheels. And it's hard to tell but it seems that the cars headlights are floating? oO and there's a few more spots that have uneeded polys, and I think the side-mirrors could be a bit rounder compared to the rest, I would point em out with an image if I had a host =_=

the178
03-06-2004, 03:21 PM
Coool
Very good

Supervlieg
03-06-2004, 06:33 PM
Nice job, I like the texture as well.

pseudoBug
03-07-2004, 05:42 AM
Nice job. The texture could use some highlights/shadow work maybe, but still. Good work

atenyotkin
03-08-2004, 09:23 AM
I really like the model. The texture came out pretty good too. I assume you're making this for Organized Crime MOD, so it would be better if you show us some in-game renders. It could look one way with Max lighting, but entirely different in-game. The poly count is perfect--I think you should stay exactly where you're at with that. It's really difficult to see the detail on the colored version because of wireframe... kind of distracting. And I'm not really sure exactly what the back lincese plate says, but it looks like "Tanks aren't afraid of Dirt" ?? nevermind, lol.

RmachucaA, what did you mean by NSFU? Did you mean Need For Speed Underground? I think the models look really nice in that game.

Beaneh, I'm not sure, but it looks like those headlights are connected to the rest of the car by a "rod" coming directly from the back of the lights... you can see it.

Anyway, nice model man. Texture work is pretty good too--no crits here. Just see if you can render it in-game, and perhaps post some images :-)

amola2k
03-20-2004, 06:52 PM
ooo looking really good
i also like the textures and feel that it has
keep it up ! :)
cheers

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.