PDA

View Full Version : Character: Ninja Frog (WIP)

SuperCat
02-04-2004, 03:25 PM
It started as a frogs head modeling exercise, but now my plan is to have a little Ninja Frog character complete with Bo Staff. I'm still very much new to modeling/texturing so I wanted to see if I could get the head right before continuing. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~packet/frog_001.jpg

commy
02-04-2004, 03:49 PM
looks pretty frog like to me! keep it up

VictorMartins
02-04-2004, 04:00 PM
It's very promissing, i like it.
If you work on the textures a bit more, doing some sopts and highlights it would rock.

Keep up the good work :D

Beaneh
02-04-2004, 06:17 PM
well I don't know what your budget is, or what the polycount right now is, but it looks rather high.. And at some places you have pretty much straight lines with uneeded subdivisions, you should try an use these to give it more shape (don't think you need more, looks fine) or just get rid of em. Also, if this is supposed to be a Ninja frog I think the head/textures look a bit too realistic for something like this, can you post a concept if you drew one? keep up the good work.

mattregnier
02-04-2004, 06:28 PM
Here's a reference for you:

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/1989/ghengis.jpg

One of my personal favs as far as humanoid frog characters go...

cris castro
02-04-2004, 07:02 PM
hey beaneh what can i say she looks pretty

Isatche
02-05-2004, 12:40 AM
I think that frog looks too realistic for ninja frog, but i didn't see the body, so i cannot imagine how the final result would look like.
BTW ninjas hide their faces with masks (you can see eyes only)...
Beside that, frog look's really good....

KazuyaMochu
02-05-2004, 10:00 AM
BTW ninjas hide their faces with masks (you can see eyes only)...

not at all times...

think of them as "Hitman" , walking around looking normal in the crowd.

but I thin a mask would be a good way to give it a ninja look.

any way also dependes on the costume!

Kazuya Mochu

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.