PDA

View Full Version : Collapse to new layer?

Gibbz
02-04-2004, 08:42 AM
is it possible to collapse all layers to a NEW layer?

bumskee
02-04-2004, 09:13 AM
collapse layer to a new one???
did you mean merge layers?? flatten image???

what you can do is link them and then you will get option to merge linked layers.

Gibbz
02-04-2004, 09:15 AM
yeah but instead of flattening it, it will put the "flatten" on a new layer

halo
02-04-2004, 09:21 AM
it used to be via a bug...i dont know if it was meant to be a feature though...

but a little work around is ctrl a ctrl shift C crtl p :)

Poopinmymouth
02-04-2004, 08:45 PM
I have an action that will do this

essentially what it does

Ctrl+A for select all
ctrl+shft+c for copy merged
ctrl+v for paste
shft+ctrl+j to bring to front

Gibbz
02-04-2004, 11:23 PM
ok thanks :)

bumskee
02-05-2004, 11:08 PM
found this in PS shortkey list. not sure if it's gonna work though haven't tried it out.

shift + alt + +ctrl + e

merges a copy of all visible layers into a target layer.

so i think basically shitf+ ctrl+ alt+ n for a new layer and apply the above short keys shoudl copy all layers and chuck it into this new one..

just tried it, it seems to work...

KOryH
02-09-2004, 10:40 AM
yes bumskee you are correct.
I use this all the time.

minky
02-13-2004, 09:30 AM
Link the layers you want merge, then go the sub menu in the Layers Palette, there will now be an option to 'Merge Linked' - select that and all the linked layers will merge with the target layer.

rv-el
02-16-2004, 11:53 PM
I know a lot of these things, especially the merge linked thing. i use it all the time. but what i would REALLY like is to be able to do a merged link, but keep the layers.. so basically i have a psd with like 300 freakin layers in it. stuff is everywhere, some on, some off. i can just pick a layer, link to other layer. and do a sort of Merge Linked>to NEW layer. and it makes a flat new layer (anywhere i dont care) with all that stuff on it, but keeps all the originals around so i can do whatever with them.

this would be grand if anybody knows it. the work around for me has always been hand copeing the layers, then hand linking those and merging them

thanks

halo
02-16-2004, 11:59 PM
just turn off the visibility of the layers you dont want...ctrl a, ctrl shift c, cntrl v...thats as close as i can get

jiasaer
02-17-2004, 12:23 AM
[please, sorry for my bad english :blush: ]

1. create a new layer
2. link it to the rest of the layers that you want to merge
3. select the new layer again (if you don't have it already selected)
4. crtl+alt+e
5. in the new layer, you will have all the linked layers merged.

[this shortcut does not work if some of the layers that you linked are "Background". in that case all the layers will merge in that "Background" layer]

:)

[and, once more, sorry for my terrible english]

bumskee
02-17-2004, 12:32 AM
yeah do the thing I posted up there, it basically merges layer into a ur current layer, but doesn't flatten or merges other layers. it's basically a copy of all visibale layers into one layer.

sounds like that's what you are after...

shift + alt + +ctrl + e merge layer but not merge them right?

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.