PDA

View Full Version : Eyelids

erilaz
06-28-2002, 04:26 AM
I've been head modelling for a while now and I seem to be starting get the nack for head-shaping, facial structure etc. I just wanted get peoples ideas/tips on how to create eyelids. I've made some basic ones, and they look okay, but I'm not sure how to strutcture them to animate my morph-targets later. I want to make the eye-area expressive as possible!!

Any clues oh fellow-artists?
:D

Iain McFadzen
06-28-2002, 02:22 PM
Get a little mirror (a make up mirror a shaving mirror) and use that for your reference. It's so much easier when you are able to look at reference from what ever angle you need (well, within the limits of your own eyes anyway).

For actual mesh topology look around this forum for wireframe renders which will show you how other modellers tackle the eyes.

Also, I am pretty sure one of the banner ads at the top of the page shows a close up render of a set of eyes with a super-imposed wireframes.

erilaz
06-29-2002, 01:39 PM
You've got a very good point there! Now why didn't I think of that? :eek:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.