PDA

View Full Version : Wird random brush problem

seeeker
02-03-2004, 11:41 PM
Ok this is a fun way to spend my time. First off, I have a Mac G4, running P8.1. With the custom palettes, it seems that the first "Variant" of each brush category cannot be peeled off into a separate palette. At least, on my machine. Every other brush is fine - I have my custom palette with all my favorite brushes, but when I try to pull off the Broad Water Brush under Digital Water Color, nothing happens. Same for the first brush of every other category. What the?? Anybody else ever experience this?

thanks

Jinbrown
02-04-2004, 03:40 AM
Hi,

Yep, it happens with all of the palettes, art materials too, and scripts.

Try this (for brushes only, use the Mover utility for art materials and scripts):

Create a new brush category, just for this purpose. I named mine 0-SPACER so it would appear at the top of the brush category list, which is in alphanumeric order.

Now 0-SPACER is the first brush category icon, and the Acrylics icon (formerly the first icon) can be dragged onto the Painter 8.1 screen.

seeeker
02-04-2004, 10:01 PM
thank you, big help - clever yet obvious workaround

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.