PDA

View Full Version : Good books for game art?

Gibbz
02-04-2004, 12:29 AM
im not shure where this thread should go but i put it here(move it to the right place if its wrong)...

I am not really good at drawing, pretty crappy actually :P

i just want to look at a book that can show me methods for drawing, and also methods for coming up with more creative ideas for game art ready to be modeled/skinned...

Thanks

EricChadwick
02-04-2004, 04:01 PM
The Andrew Loomis drawing books are a good place to start. They're freely available on the web, or if you're lucky you can find them in a bookshop.
http://www.fineart.sk/index.php?cat=1

I'd recommend starting here, then once your drawing skills are ready, go on to game concepts. You can't really have one without the other, unfortunately.

Learning to draw is two essential things... learning how to see, and developing manual skill with a pencil.

Also, draw from life. Find the nude drawing sessions in your area (art school, museum, community college, etc.). There's no substitute for drawing something "in the round."

Most young artists are impatient (I know I was, still am), but there really is no other way.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.